Greetings to all Global Tax Services (GTS) clients!
Due to COVID-19, large number of people are experiencing unexpected difficulties. We would like to share some information announced by CRA which might be helpful to our clients. We are also informing you changes at Global Tax Services office as we keep the social distancing for public safety.
- Personal Tax Report
- Extended Reporting Period: Due June 01, 2020
- Extended Payment Period: Due August 31, 2020 (if income tax payment due as of April 30)
- Email Electronic signature is possible for T183
2. E-mail Document Transmission
In order to keep the social distance, we recommend you sending us documents for personal income tax report via email. Yet, prior to sending us an email, please contact us for a brief phone consultation.
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Accounting Fee Payment: E-transfer (Details will be notified individually on inquiry)
3. Temporary Income Support for Workers and Parents Application Information
- Eligible for EI (Application available immediately)
You can apply by receiving Record of Employment (ROE) from the company you are working for. Please make sure to check if the ROE code is A (Office Closure/Lay-off) or D (Sickness). In case of delayed ROE issuance, it is possible to apply EI online, and upload ROE afterward.
- Not Eligible for EI (Application available on April)
You can apply for Temporary Income Support for Workers and Parents if you qualify following conditions:
- Workers, including the self-employed, who are taking care of a family member who is sick with COVID-19
- Parents with children who require care or supervision due to school or daycare closures, and are unable to earn employment income, irrespective of whether they qualify for EI or not
** For further information regarding EI, please visit our website (https://globaltax.ca) or please refer to the follow-up email.
Please contact us via email ([email protected]) or phone (1-866-369-0806 (Toll Free) / 905-731-0805) for additional inquiries. We will try to reply as soon as possible, but we ask for your understanding that we may be delayed due to the heavy workload.
I sincerely wish the customers to wisely response and overcome this unexpected difficulty while encouraging and helping each other. All our Global Tax staffs will practice our best effort to help the customers.